[Talk-GB] Adding links to Wikidata (and Wikipedia?)

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 20:28:12 UTC 2014

>What would you consider a "demonstration of success" exactly?
>
>Tom

Tom,

Measuring the success of a bot can be done in the same way that the success
is measured in a statistical model; Type I and Type II errors. So for
example, if the test is to attach wikidata tags to churches then:

* A type I error would be failing to add the wikidata to the associated
church (we can accept large errors in this case as it represents the
current no-bot situation)
* A type II error would be adding the wrong wikidata to a church. We need
to minimise these. I'll suggest a 1-2% error as this matches the general
quality of public data.

I unfortunately don't have the skills to help with editing, but support
initial trials as a good step to working more closely with wikimedia
commons.

Best,
Rob

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_I_and_type_II_errors