[Talk-GB] Adding links to Wikidata (and Wikipedia?)

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Jun 8 21:31:49 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-08 1:28 PM, Rob Nickerson wrote:
> >What would you consider a "demonstration of success" exactly?
> >
> >Tom
> >

> Tom,
>
> Measuring the success of a bot can be done in the same way that the
> success is measured in a statistical model; Type I and Type II errors.
> So for example, if the test is to attach wikidata tags to churches then:

Measured that way, I could code a bot that sets name=foo for all objects
with a name tag. Assuming I'm decent at coding, I could have zero Type I
and Type II errors, and by those criteria this mechanical edit would be
a success.

Success should be measured against the reasons for the mechanical edit.
Adding wikidata tags isn't the reason, it's what it does.