[Talk-GB] Adding links to Wikidata (and Wikipedia?)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Jun 8 21:49:01 UTC 2014

On 08/06/14 21:28, Rob Nickerson wrote:

> Measuring the success of a bot can be done in the same way that the
> success is measured in a statistical model; Type I and Type II errors.
> So for example, if the test is to attach wikidata tags to churches then:
>
> * A type I error would be failing to add the wikidata to the associated
> church (we can accept large errors in this case as it represents the
> current no-bot situation)
> * A type II error would be adding the wrong wikidata to a church. We
> need to minimise these. I'll suggest a 1-2% error as this matches the
> general quality of public data.

I was taking the question of accuracy as a given.

My point was not whether we can accurately add the right tags, but
rather whether doing so is actually useful.

There's an almost infinite number of things we could add, but if nobody
ever uses them, is the time take do so wasted?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/