[Talk-GB] Fwd: In mainland Britain, you are never more than 34 miles from a pub.

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 11 20:52:03 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-08 16:28, Dan S wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In mainland Britain, you are never more than 34 miles from a pub.
> http://mcld.co.uk/feet-from-a-rat/pub.html
>
> And luckily, in mainland Britain, you are never more than 30 miles
> from a public toilet.
> http://mcld.co.uk/feet-from-a-rat/public-toilet.html

Several of the calculations seem to be including the Mull as part of
mainland Britain, ie churches and golf courses. It is definitely an island.

As for public toilets, must be a few missing from the map. I think
there's toilets in Thurso and Bettyhill, though it has been a few years
since I visited these.

Craig