[Talk-GB] Fwd: In mainland Britain, you are never more than 34 miles from a pub.

Jonathan Harley jon at spiffymap.net
Thu Jun 12 10:30:14 UTC 2014

On 12/06/14 11:12, Nick Whitelegg wrote:

> One thing that surprised me was "61 miles from a lighthouse" as (and I
> don't know this) I'd have guessed that some of the central parts of
> England would be getting on for 100 miles from the sea.
> But my geography of that part of the world isn't great so I'm probably
> wrong...

Nowhere in Britain is more than 70 miles away from the coast (Coton in
Derbyshire is the furthest), and some lighthouses are not especially
close to the sea - there are some near tidal rivers. So 61 miles is very
plausible.

Jon.

--
Dr Jonathan Harley   :    Managing Director    :   SpiffyMap Ltd

jon at spiffymap.net     mobile: 07590 024028     www.spiffymap.com
The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry CV4 7EZ, UK