[Talk-GB] Fwd: In mainland Britain, you are never more than 34 miles from a pub.

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Thu Jun 12 11:14:38 UTC 2014

That's true... Westbury on Severn is a good deal further inland than one would normally think of as "sea". I'd have said the point at which the Severn becomes the Bristol Channel (not sure how that is defined) is where river becomes sea... so that would reduce the distance to the sea of anywhere inland a fair bit.

Nick