[Talk-GB] Adding links to Wikidata (and Wikipedia?)

Robert Norris rw_norris at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 14 11:31:17 UTC 2014

> It might be useful to give a couple of examples. We would link St
> Paul's Cathedral to :
>
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q173882
>
> That, in turn has links to the Wikipedia articles about the cathedral,
> in ~50 languages,
><cut>

How do/would Wikidata links relate to Wikipedia links in OSM objects?

i.e. Does this suggest Wikidata links should supercede Wikipedia links or would they be complimentary?

Presumably if complimentary (to maintain existing data users' usage of Wikipedia tags) - one could write a test to confirm they are referencing the same thing to check consistency.

--
Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,