[Talk-GB] Life Ring - British English

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Mon Jun 16 09:05:34 UTC 2014

I'm trying to clean up the emergency tags in the Wiki and found 
emergency=life_ring as well as some less used other tag combinations 
with amenity and buoy.

Is life ring how it is commonly referred to in British English. Just 
wanted to make sure it's not literal translation from German and isn't 
used in the UK at all. Wikipedia lists a lot of different names. I guess 
lifebuoy is more American? And is it written life ring or lifering? Both 


More information about the Talk-GB mailing list