[Talk-GB] W3C Invitation

Brian Prangle bprangle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 08:33:53 UTC 2014

Hi everyone

We have an invitation from IBM to present at this meeting- suggested topic
is below. Anyone up for this - either with the topic suggested or with a
suitable alternative?

Regards

Brian

A few weeks ago, we had a use case webinar with the CIO of the City of Palo
Alto who told us about an local initiative to tag trees with lat/long,
genus, size, etc.  During the call, we asked him if he also considered
tagging the trees with URI's and of course he hadn't.  Following the call a
colleague sent me an article about how tree roots often damage natural gas
lines and lead to widespread gas leaks.  Methane is 20x more dangerous as a
greenhouse gas than CO2, so gas leaks are a leading cause of global warming.

We would like to find an openstreetmaps speaker who can talk about the
value of mapping trees and gas lines, and many other things, with URI's.
 Would you be able to discuss this?

We will be meeting on March 31 and April 1 at IBM Southbank, and would love
a presentation/discussion the morning or late afternoon of the 31st.  Would
this topic and date fit?