[Talk-GB] W3C Invitation

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 14:00:38 UTC 2014

Interesting application. Since none of the objects in OSM are
guaranteed permanent, I expect the way to do it would be for trees in
OSM to have ref=* which crossreferences some external database (rather
than trying to build a permanent URI scheme pointing at OSM features).
Or maybe the key uri=* - if you look at taginfo you'll see that
there's a decent amount of stable URI references in there, although
there are also some general-purpose URLs:
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/?key=uri#values
It appears someone at Southampton University has been attaching URIs
to buildings/rooms etc, and separately (?) some bus-stops have
data.gov.uk URIs - if you can find those people and whether they've
written anything about their use-case that would be a nice starting
point for comparison.

Best
Dan