[Talk-GB] UK postcodes on each side of the road

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Mon May 19 03:54:56 UTC 2014

Sometimes there are different postcodes on both sides of the street as
well, here in Belgium. The reason here is that the street is the boundary
between 2 villages. When I tried to put the postcode on the building or the
address node, it seems like Nominatim was not able to pick up the correct
one. It ignored the information on the "house". It used the data found on
the nearest city node or some imported node. This is also stated in the FAQ
of nominatim.
I ended up copying the German approach of postal code boundaries to get the
correct response from Nominatim

Did any of you tried your apporach on Nominatim ? Did it show the postal
code from the node ? Or is it taking the addr:postcode placed on the
village ? Or another one ? I'm really interested in finding out how one can
properly tag information so that Nominatim shows the right data.

regards