[Talk-GB] Postcodes

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Mon May 19 22:33:35 UTC 2014

I personally put postcodes on buildings as in my two most common use cases
(getting something delivered to my house, and using my GPS to get
somewhere) I have become accustomed to being asked for a house number after
supplying a postcode.

I guess that tagging the street works (although you may need to split it
into sections and add :right and :left tag extensions), but it's not
something I do. You mentioned the postman walking up the street - well I
guess you could say that the walk also includes the driveway up to the
front of each house/letterbox.

Whether nominatim works or not is a search problem, not a mapping one (i.e.
not mapping for the nominatim).

Rob