[Talk-GB] Tysoe Mapping PartyMay 31st

Brian Prangle bprangle at gmail.com
Mon May 26 18:23:54 UTC 2014

Hi everyone

We've been organising this for some time and have invited mappers from the
Midlands and Oxford- if there's anyone else would like to come along to
Tysoe <http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/52.0957/-1.5062> and sample the
natural delights of Edge Hill where Oxfordshire meets Warwickshire, you'd
be more than wlecome

We're doing this at the invitation of Tysoe Parish Council to assist in the
production of a neighbourhood plan. Mike Sanderson is our local sponsor.
Mike is a director of 1Spatial who are keen advocates of OSM (they were one
of the sponsors for SotM 2013 Birmingham)

We're meeting at 10am in the Village Hall. We will have wifi and a printer
(A4 laser - possibly an A3 printer).The local branch of the WI is providing
lunch. May 31st is also the date of the annual Windmill Run from the
village to to the nearby windmill on Compton Winyates hill, so it should be
a fun day - if the weather co-operates.

The event has been advertised in the local Parish Magazine
http://www.tysoenp.com/?page_id=26

Mike has been doing some preliminary work as there's an academic who lives
locally who's interested in mapping ridge and furrow fields. See
http://youtu.be/rwRsETmtsSs

We're expecting mostly complete beginners so experienced hands welcome! If
you can let me know if you can make it that would be great

Regards

Brian