[Talk-GB] Voting mechanical edit: UK shop names

Ed Loach edloach at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 09:15:16 UTC 2014

> On 1 November 2014 01:06, Lester Caine < <mailto:lester at lsces.co.uk> lester at lsces.co.uk>

> wrote:

> > Brantano (UK) Limited shops are all branded 'Brantano Footwear'

> that is

> > their shop 'Logo'

Matthijs:

> We currently have 116 times Brantano and 12 times Brantano

> Footwear in

> the UK. I would argue, apparently like most mappers, the the

> 'Footwear' in the logo is not part of the title, but a description of

> their activities.

The logo is the symbol at the top, the shop name is Brantano Footwear, the operator is Brantano (UK) Limited. This is (was) the shop sign at the one I mapped (as Brantano Footwear, as that is the name on the sign):

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.9411882,1.2588319,3a,15y,222.14h,92.11t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sp87biBi-D33C1-NHe_jULw!2e0

I’m surprised I haven’t also mapped this one:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.892658,0.8917593,3a,15y,244.38h,92.28t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sozacGrQTk-TQHJxT3s2dxQ!2e0

in Colchester, as I think I bought my shoes there. But thinking more about it I bought the shoes in 2004 and didn’t start mapping until 2008.

Ed