[Talk-GB] Voting mechanical edit: UK shop names

Will Phillips wp4587 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 10:50:14 UTC 2014

On 01/11/2014 09:15, Ed Loach wrote:

> The logo is the symbol at the top, the shop name is Brantano Footwear,
> the operator is Brantano (UK) Limited. This is (was) the shop sign at
> the one I mapped (as Brantano Footwear, as that is the name on the sign):
>
> https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.9411882,1.2588319,3a,15y,222.14h,92.11t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sp87biBi-D33C1-NHe_jULw!2e0
> <https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.9411882,1.2588319,3a,15y,222.14h,92.11t/data=%213m4%211e1%213m2%211sp87biBi-D33C1-NHe_jULw%212e0>
>
> I’m surprised I haven’t also mapped this one:
>
> https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.892658,0.8917593,3a,15y,244.38h,92.28t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sozacGrQTk-TQHJxT3s2dxQ!2e0
> <https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.892658,0.8917593,3a,15y,244.38h,92.28t/data=%213m4%211e1%213m2%211sozacGrQTk-TQHJxT3s2dxQ%212e0>
>
> in Colchester, as I think I bought my shoes there. But thinking more
> about it I bought the shoes in 2004 and didn’t start mapping until 2008.

Here is a survey photo of mine, which is similar to the ones Ed posted:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97133921@N03/15494864347/

We should be using the name displayed on the sign, which in the examples
above is clearly 'Brantano Footwear'.  I would object to any change to
the name tagging in these examples.

Will