[Talk-GB] Consolidated views of notes, fixmes, musical chairs, etc.

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Nov 1 22:03:46 UTC 2014

On 01/11/14 20:08, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
> I in fact even proposed incorporating a system that makes this
> explicit in the notes API:
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2014-August/070423.html

Most people in the field who don't know how to map also don't know how
to specify new content accurately, so it will need at least verifying
against aerial imagery.  Also, the majority of them are anonymous, so
there is no traceability without a named user doing a survey, or mapping
what can be verified from imagery, only.

There will be a small number of cases where people know their own
limitations.

(A large proportion of notes are graffiti, personal mapping of already
mapped objects, mapping of event locations, and mapping of home
addresses.  I've sometimes annoyed myself by doing the survey, then
realising that the object is already mapped.)