[Talk-GB] RFC-2 mechanical edit: UK shop names

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Tue Nov 4 17:19:33 UTC 2014

On 4 November 2014 10:25, Ed Loach <edloach at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are there still objections against "Brantano"?
>
> Yes. It says "Brantano Footwear" as the name on the sign on at least the two nearest stores to me. I have no objections to brand or operator being Brantano, but not the name field.

As I said before, shops commonly list the products they sell under the
shop name on a shield. Example:
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy292/dennoir/Artistic/290320092891hamersmith.jpg
I suppose you wouldn't tag this shop as 'Sweets & News cold drinks
magazines newspapers sweets bus passes'?

So the question is - what makes you think that 'Footwear' is part of
the name, rather than a description of the products they sell?

-- Matthijs