[Talk-GB] RFC-2 mechanical edit: UK shop names

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Nov 4 21:40:30 UTC 2014

On 04/11/14 12:55, Philip Barnes wrote:
> ALDI, LIDL, ASDA and SPAR are all abbreviations of their full names, in
> the same way as NATO, AIDS, BBC, OSM or GNU are.

BBC is an initialism, so should be in uppercase.  The rest of treated as
acronyms.  To the extent that they are trademarks, they may need initial
capitals to distinguish them from ordinary words with the same spelling.
  Other than that there don't seem to be any clear rules for
capitalising acronyms.

I presume you don't use LASER pointers or get caught by RADAR (RaDAR)
speed traps, although you also wouldn't have a radar key.