[Talk-GB] RFC-2 mechanical edit: UK shop names

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 22:54:05 UTC 2014

On 04/11/14 22:04, Colin Smale wrote:
> Hang on a minute... the name tag should contain the most common name,
> or, as the wiki puts it, the "common default name."

Totally Agree Colin ...
The name tag should not be subjected to a 'mechanical edit' to change
what has been entered by a local mapper, so please vote against this
proposal on principle.

The 'discussion' on Brantano Footwear is a particular element of that
edit which would change what IS on the local signs, "because the second
line is simple is description of the shop", which is what I'm objecting to.

No problem with the other 'documentary' tags, it's just the name tag
which is contentious here.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL