[Talk-GB] Mapping turn lanes on major roads

Ed Loach edloach at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 08:30:21 UTC 2014

> I'd always assumed that the correct way to map turn lanes is via:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:turn:lanes .

This is what I started using after first using OsmAnd and seeing lane hints on some roads, and wondering how it knew. I started adding them elsewhere (not many so far).

As per Andrew's reply, I also tend to reserve separate ways for some physical separation greater than a white line (so a turn lane which becomes a slip road would become a separate way where they fork and the number of lanes on the main carriageway would be reduced accordingly).

Ed