[Talk-GB] Railway edits in the UK that could perhaps benefit from a bit of checking.

Stuart Reynolds stuart at travelinesoutheast.org.uk
Wed Nov 12 10:59:03 UTC 2014

Greetings, all.

Mentz (aka "mdv") is a German company that provides the journey planner used by a number of the traveline regions, as well as for Transport for London. As you may recall from my previous posts, a number traveline regions are now using OSM as the GIS. We found a problem (internally) with how railways were mapped, and mdv told us that they had found a way around it. It looks like that involved amending things in ways that are not appropriate.

Please pass the details back to me, and I will discuss it with them and also with the community if things need reverting.

Regards,
Stuart