[Talk-GB] Railway edits in the UK that could perhaps benefit from a bit of checking.

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Wed Nov 12 11:34:02 UTC 2014

On 12/11/2014 10:59, Stuart Reynolds wrote:
> Please pass the details back to me, and I will discuss it with them and also with the community if things need reverting.

Thanks Stuart.  All of my detailed comments so far have been on
changesets.  I went through
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/26590071 in some detail (since
I'm very familiar with the area), and also
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/26587435 and
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/26588170?way_page=2 .  The user
concerned has tried to fix some but not all of the issues raised, but
the biggest issue so far I think is the lack of communication with the
UK community (I've not had any reply to messages to that user)*

Meaningful changeset comments (i.e. not just "modified railway" like on
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/26597441 ) would also help.  If
these really are just "source=bing" (as that last changeset suggests
then there are going to be some major issues with Bing offset).

Cheers,

Andy

* though I have just now had a reply from a message to the main OSM MDV
account