[Talk-GB] Different styles of annotation.

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Nov 13 09:55:50 UTC 2014

On 13/11/14 09:52, Tom Hughes wrote:
> On 13/11/14 09:42, Lester Caine wrote:
>
>> Silly question ...
>>
>> Just been looking at a local note and I'm a little curious as to what
>> differentiates text appearing with a purple dot on a building and the
>> more normal brown text on surrounding buildings? While weshould not be
>> tagging for the rendering, this is confusing things at times.
>
> Well if you told us where on the map you were looking so that we could
> see for ourselves then it would be a lot easier to comment...

So I assume you mean the difference between something like:

   http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/123064770

and:

   http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/123064772

in which case I think the purple text comes from a new generic rendering
rule for shop=* and the brown text from the older rules for specific
types of shops and amenities.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)