[Talk-GB] Suburbs in London/Brum - big edits

Derick Rethans osm at derickrethans.nl
Wed Nov 19 10:58:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014, Tom Chance wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> As somebody who dislikes change, I was slightly horrified to see these
> edits:

I'd certainly object to Camden -> Camden Town. There are various signs
saying "welcome to Camden" - none mention Camden Town. :-/

> But should we swallow this and move to the use of
> place=suburb/quarter/neighbourhood?

Good luck getting consensus on what is what :-)

> If so, I'd like to do this properly, instead of the process that this
> user has gone through to just make everything 'suburb'.

It's not helpful at all of course, as there are different "rankings"
even here. I.e., I'd expect Kilburn, Willesden and Camdem to show up on
higher zoom levels than Kilburk Park and Willesden Green, but they're
all named areas...

cheers,
Derick