[Talk-GB] OSM Analysis Updated with latest OS Locator data

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Wed Nov 19 19:14:16 UTC 2014

On 19/11/2014 09:42, Shaun McDonald wrote:
> There have been many places knocked off the 100% completeness, with 17 areas now below 95% complete. Overall completeness is currently 98.00%.

Thanks for that. It's a really useful resource to check against. However...

No gazette/database is ever fully accurate. Everything contains errors.
So I'm somewhat surprised when I see an area listed as 100%. It implies
users have blindly transferred across without checking in the real
world. For example in my area there's a street supposedly called 'roman
road' I'm born & bred & never heard it called that. There's no roads or
building signs, the local authority, emergency services, or newspaper
ever describe it that way. A couple of others are where named rows of
buildings are assumed to be the street name, but are signed differently
on the ground.

Dave F.
Mapper, not committee member

---