[Talk-GB] Suburbs in London/Brum - big edits

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 04:43:26 UTC 2014

I just had a discussion with a new mapper in Belgium. He has local
knowledge. How does he know which rules he has to follow ? Is there a
pop-up in the iD editor telling him that he has to contact the Belgian
mappers to get learn about which rules he has to follow ? No. He just
starts using the editor. With some luck, he might read the wiki, and find
out about the Belgian mailing list.

If not, he might make a few discussable edits. Depending on who picks them
up, he might be scared away by their reaction.

I'm not saying the wiki is the best place to keep local rules, but keeping
them in the mind of the local mappers is not better. I see no solution for
this at the moment.

just my .5 cents

regards