[Talk-GB] Great British Public Toilet Map

Gail Ramster gail.ramster at network.rca.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 12:53:15 UTC 2014

Hi Ben

Thanks for mentioning the toilet map. Harry our developer at Neontribe told me about the mention (I have now subscribed to the list).

Sorry about the lack of mention in the Guardian article. Articles in the Mirror and Telegraph have been more faithful to the press release and OpenStreetMap is mentioned.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-online-public-toilet-map-4656695

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11242600/Wheres-the-nearest-toilet-UKs-public-toilets-map-launched.html

Thank you OSM-ers for locating toilets. We couldn't have made a map without OpenStreetMap data  as the location data from councils was largely useless.

Gail

Gail Ramster
Research Associate
The Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design