[Talk-GB] OSM University of Liverpool exercise (or 200 free(ish) volunteers)

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Thu Nov 27 21:20:14 UTC 2014

On 27 November 2014 at 21:09, SK53 <sk53.osm at gmail.com> wrote:
> One other point about metrics such as POI collection: it will greatly depend
> on POI density (city centre vs. suburbs) and the current number of POIs
> already mapped. It's fundamentally easier to map somewhere de novo rather
> than identifying what is missing and what has changed in somewhere which has
> already been partially mapped.

Interesting to see how our mapping styles are so different. For me
re-mapping an already mapped area is much faster than mapping from
scratch. Probably also something to do with the fact that I'm mapping
with my phone. Maybe it's time for a new phone battery for you by the
way?

I know this is not relevant to Nick, sorry for hijacking the topic...

-- Matthijs