[Talk-GB] Lloyds TSB

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Fri Oct 3 12:27:08 UTC 2014

On 03/10/2014 09:40, David Woolley wrote:
> On 02/10/14 09:30, Ed Loach wrote:
>> It has been over a year now since I first mentioned
>>
>> http://www.loach.me.uk/osm/LloydsTSB/
>>
>> here, and there are still lots of branches that haven't been remapped,
>> so I thought I'd mention it again.
>>

> The basic problem you have is that there are a lot more people
> interested in first time mapping of high streets than there are those
> interested in maintaining them.  In my view, high street churn is so
> high that if you don't re-survey at least every two to three months
> there will be a lot more wrong than just the name of one bank.

That sounds about right to me - there's probably something that changes
in that sort of timescale.

> I'd suggest that the median time to repair for  a high street feature
> is similar to the average time to first mapping, i.e. somewhat over
> five years.  That is especially true if the repair doesn't happen
> within the first couple of months, i.e. no-one has taken on
> maintenance responsibility.

This might be useful for measuring that:

http://unexpired.osm24.eu/#18/53.09788/-1.38740

(if you don't mind the adverts, that is).  Not sure where I saw it -
probably on a mailing list somewhere, so apologies if it's old news.

Cheers,

Andy