[Talk-GB] Updates from National Library of Scotlad

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Oct 4 12:05:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 10/04/2014 12:54 AM, Rob Nickerson wrote:
> p.s. If you find these maps useful, please tell me how you're using them
> so I can feed this back to Chris at the NLS.

I loaded the map as a JOSM background

    <map>
      <tag key='name' value='NLS London 1250'/>
      <tag key='type' value='tms'/>
      <tag key='url'
value='http://geo.nls.uk/mapdata3/os/london_1250/{zoom}/{x}/{y}.png'/>
      <tag key='max-zoom' value='20'/>
    </map>

and it enabled me to nicely trace (and number!) a terrace of houses here

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/51.51665/-0.06396

Of course I'd only to dare do that in an area where it is obvious from
visually comparing the 1:1250 map to Bing imagery that the buildings
haven't meanwhile been replaced by something else entirely.

Bye
Frederik