[Talk-GB] Vandalism in London

Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk
Sat Oct 4 20:58:22 UTC 2014

Perhaps the principle OSM editors could emit a warning whenever an edit
is undertaken which could invalidate a relation, also noting how many
other ways would be affected. This at least would give mappers a chance
to consider carefully whether they really know what they are doing.

Roger

On 04/10/2014 21:34, Robert Scott wrote:
> On Saturday 04 October 2014, Antje (OpenStreetMap) wrote:
>> I am sorry for the upset: this is the problem with someone carelessly editing at the very least.
> I'm afraid part of the price of having "extremely high standards" for relations is eternal vigilance. It is exteremely easy to inadvertantly (subtly) "break" route relations and I think most average-skilled mappers will have probably done it a few times.
>
> It would be unreasonable to expect ways with route relations on them to be considered "hallowed ground" and only to be edited by those skilled enough to leave the relations in perfect order.
>

> robert.

Roger Calvert