[Talk-GB] Deletions and newbie editors (was: Vandalism in London)

Antje (OpenStreetMap) kuriasity at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 15:26:59 UTC 2014

I am trying to think how to reduce incidents that would cause alarm to users like me, but there is no point in flagging new editors because it won’t help them integrate into OSM.

I am not an expert in iD since I moved on from Potlatch, but Potlatch at least denotes relations on ways, while iD does not.

I know that people are trying to make OSM easy to edit but how it would not make sense to at least put a prompt saying “Deleting this way will affect routes that depend on it: make sure that such routes have an appropriate diversion. Are you sure you want to do this?”

I notice that the relations are way down the sidebar: is this causing some users to not know about relations?

Antje