[Talk-GB] Invitation: map tagging event at British Library

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Oct 17 20:58:13 UTC 2014

Some friends of mine have organised an event at the British Library on
Friday 31 October:

   https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Digital_maps_Halloween_tagathon,_October_2014

to tag copyright-expired map images, so that they can be included in
the next round of the BL Georeferencer, and uploaded to Wikimedia
Commons

As the above page says, "included through the day will be short talks
about various digital mapping activities, a special tour of the BL's
maps area, and free Halloween entry to the Library's atmospheric
current major exhibition, Terror and Wonder: The Gothic Imagination
(normally £9)."

Sadly I'm already committed elsewhere, but I think many of you would enjoy this.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing