[Talk-GB] RFC Mechanical edit: shop=betting to shop=bookmaker for selected names

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 11:19:08 UTC 2014

I suspect there are rather too many for notes: although this worked well
when I added them to closed Netto stores. Notes are certainly suitable for
the peculiar shop=hardware ones.

The geojson can be converted into a shp file and read into PL2 or JOSM.
Most useful is to use this to generate a task list in JOSM and step through
them (I've done this to find postal delivery offices (based on places with
lots of overlapping postcodes, and then looking for car parks full of red
vans)) and for Co-op shops (which suffer from a plethora of names despite
current branding being "The Co-operative XXX" where XXX is usually Food or
Pharmacy (not for much longer).

It is worth our while to think of better ways to manage this: for instance
we have 600 odd Phones 4U shops which may be mapped & have been closed,
Homebase are accelerating store closures and there is still lots of work to
do on the Lloyds/TSB stuff which Ed Loach mentioned a little while ago.

One possibility would be to modify snapshot server to handle nodes,
something I've wondered about for a year now.

If any one else has other suggestions & ideas do pitch in!

Jerry