[Talk-GB] RFC Mechanical edit: shop=betting to shop=bookmaker for selected names

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Thu Oct 23 11:57:29 UTC 2014

On 23/10/2014 12:06, Matthijs Melissen wrote:

> On 23 Oct 2014 11:53, "Dave F." <davefox at madasafish.com
> <mailto:davefox at madasafish.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Would it be worth adding a fixme tag to the unnamed shops that
> explains '= betting' is discouraged & to add a proprietor's name if known?
>
> I noticed that nobody ever looks at fixme tags, I think adding an OSM
> Note (through the website or JOSM plugin) is much more effective.

I'm not convinced Notes are cleared up any more than Fixmes & I think,
in this instance, if you're going to the trouble of adding one, you
might as well do a Google search & fix it yourself, but, anyway, I was
thinking more of the ability to add them in one go & place them accurately.

Could you add Blackhouse bet http://www.backhousebet.com/p/shop-locator
to the list please

Dave F.

---