[Talk-GB] UK Retail chains

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 15:14:03 UTC 2014

Matthijs wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I have made a large update to the UK retail chain page:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/UK_Retail_Chains

Thanks Matthijs and everyone else who has contributed since. I know that
retail mapping is one of Matthijs' pet projects (he always picks up the
retail areas at our local Mappa Mercia meetings) and that his intentions
with the mechanical edit are well intended. I'm pleased to see others
contributing with their knowledge of the UK retail space.

The UK retail space is an area that confuses me and I have difficulty
picking the right tag and name (branding seems to change all the time). As
such I've added a link to the above page from the UK page and the UK
tagging guidelines page:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_Kingdom#Find_Out_More
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_Tagging_Guidelines#See_also

Regards,