[Talk-GB] addressing (was addr:place)

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Mon Oct 27 08:39:19 UTC 2014

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 22:41:56 +0000
Chris Hill <osm at raggedred.net> wrote:

Hello Chris,

>Addresses are allocated by Local Authorities, not Royal Mail. I use the

I never said they were, although I concede it could read like that.
However, some addresses do seem to get mutilated once Royal Mail get
their hands on them.

As others have pointed out, it can lead to having a hard time getting
some things delivered.

>How can you determine the postal town from a survey?

Of course, you can't.  If I want the _postal_ address of somewhere, I
use the RM web site.

--
 Regards  _
The public wants what the public gets