[Talk-GB] addressing (was addr:place)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Oct 27 10:07:09 UTC 2014

On 27/10/14 09:24, Andy Robinson wrote:

> Are the postal towns not the town that is represented by the first part of the postcode? So CW for Crewe for instance. My parents live in Swaffham in Norfolk but Royal Mail have them is Cambridgeshire with a PE (Peterborough) postcode.

Not at all. My postcode is EN for Enfield, but my post town is
Hoddesdon, that being where the delivery office is for my part of the EN
district.

I believe that EN11 8/9/0 all have Hoddesdon as post town - not sure if
it goes wider than that.

Likewise my parents have a TA postcode for Taunton, but their post town
is Crewkerne.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)