[Talk-GB] addressing (was addr:place)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Oct 27 10:38:50 UTC 2014

On 27/10/14 10:34, Andy Robinson wrote:

> Tom, you are right, so what is the TA or EN in your examples called by RM?

Well according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_code#UK the first 
two letters define a "postcode area".

The entire postcode is split (by the space) into the "outward postcode" 
and "inward postcode" and the outward postcode combined with the leading 
digits from the inward give you a "postal sector".


Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)

More information about the Talk-GB mailing list