[Talk-GB] Road works

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 1 23:43:56 UTC 2015

On 1 April 2015 at 20:59, Dan S <danstowell+osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is really more an issue for the "tagging" mailing list rather
> than "talk-gb", I guess. Anyway I think people already use
> construction tags for the purposes you have in mind. This wiki page
> describes how to use (including a tag for estimated finish date):
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:construction
>
> Best
> Dan

Thanks for the pointer Dan but I see

 "As OSM data is often used offline (and therefore may be several months
old), only tag construction sites (particularly roads and railroads) if
they are planned to be closed for at least six to nine months. Don't use
construction=* to tag short-term closures (e.g. a road closed over a
weekend to replace a sewer pipe); consider using conditional restrictions
instead."

Which basically equates to "The fact some people use out of date data, we
all should."

It's this kind of 'logic' that really does point to the failings of those
implementing the OSM project.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>