[Talk-GB] Canal & River Trust maps

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Thu Apr 2 17:23:22 UTC 2015

Hardly defensive.If anything a mild form of the opposite.

I'm trying to sell OSM as a valid alternative /now/, which It is. In
fact as an ancillary base map it exceeds Google in detail & accuracy.
Many business locations are based on both vague postcode data & a
particularly dizzy game of 'pin the tale on the donkey'.

Even KFC have seen the light: kfc.co.uk/find-us/
<http://t.co/GF1hlXudgO>  (for the base layer, they appear to be using
postcodes to pin their shops)

I've asked if they'll be releasing their SAP database under an open
license & she's checking.

Dave F.

On 02/04/2015 17:01, Rob Nickerson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Google have the CRT helping them do streetview along the tow paths so,
> yes, a partnership exists.
>
> There is little point getting defensive, the better question to ask
> would be "what does OpenStreetMap have to do so that next time you use
> our data rather than Google's?"
>
> RichardF may have some insight into that but I'd understand if he'd
> rather not share his views right now.
>
> Rob

---