[Talk-GB] Quarterly Projects Update

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 4 15:32:06 UTC 2015

On 4 April 2015 at 15:30, Pierre Riteau <pierre at pierreriteau.name> wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Apr 2015, at 11:22 AM, Robert Norris wrote:
> > My 2p:
> > If surveying postboxes, is to also record the postbox type (mostly lamp,
> > pillar or wall) and the Royal Cypher.
> > See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity=post_box
>
> I second that. I use the following keys when surveying post boxes:
>
> amenity = post_box
> collection_times = …
> operator = Royal Mail (only if it's a Royal Mail post box of course)
> post_box:type = …
> ref = …
> royal_cypher = …
> source = survey
> survey:date = 2015-04-04
>
> I add survey:date to easily find which post boxes haven't been updated
> recently, and then try to check their collection times again after one
> or two years.

Survey date is good - and should really be used with everything - although
rivers aren't likely to disappear and reappear but obviously roads and
buildings come and go from time to time. Better still to have start and end
dates attached to each tag too.
I've also tagged a box with colour=gold - in the case where the box is a
non-standard colour.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>