[Talk-GB] elsan_points

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Wed Apr 22 07:04:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 11:51 PM, Malcolm Herring <
malcolm.herring at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 21/04/2015 18:08, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
>
>> Are what's presently tagged "elsan_point" /both/ walk up toilets
>> /and/ CDP chemical holding tank emptying points?
>> And do they welcome waste originating from Elsan-based motorhomes as
>> well as canal boats?
>>
> This is going to vary from point to point. On-the-ground surveys will be
> required.

What can we assume the UK tag "waterway=elsan_point" means? One or more of:

  1) Walk up toilet
  2) Cassette dump for boats
  3) Cassette dump for motorhomes
  4) Pump out

I propose making the assumption the present elsan_point tag means* #3*,
then let local mappers adjust the tags as needed.
The tag scheme can handle all the above:

  1) Walk up toilet                                  (amenity=toilet)
  2) Cassette dump for boats               (waterway=sanitary_dump_station)
  3) Cassette dump for motorhomes      (amenity=sanitary_dump_station)
  4) Pump                                                 out
(sanitary_dump_station:pump-out=yes)