[Talk-GB] Labelling a greasy spoon caff

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 18:46:41 UTC 2015

On 24/04/15 18:28, Dan S wrote:
> Any thoughts about tagging a greasy spoon cafe (a caff)? It's a
> particular British type of food that we need to be able to locate
> accurately ;)
>
> In taginfo I see
>   cuisine=breakfast (282)
>   cuisine=british (73)
> but both seem too vague to me. There are a handful of
>   cuisine=greasy_spoon (4)
> so I'll go with that unless there's anything better I've missed.

Interestingly all three of them have additional entries with upper case
first letters!

It surprises me that there are not more 'transport_cafe' references
given the number of greasy spoon truck stops, but you are right that
there does not seem to be anything actually documented for this type of
establishment.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL