[Talk-GB] Labelling a greasy spoon caff

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Fri Apr 24 23:06:20 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 1:58 PM, SK53 <sk53.osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> cuisine=breakfast seems far too GB/US/CA centric.
>
> There are places in Berlin which do all day breakfasts but certainly not
> of that sort; in most of SE Asia breakfast is likely to be some form of
> congee, and there plenty of such breakfast places in Hong Kong.

Cuisine is inherently local, that's one of the great things about it.
When talking about bicycle tool stands, elsan_points, or toilets, I'd help
lead the charge for a worldwide tag.
But for cuisine: it should reflect the richness of the area, especially
since you can tag more than one:

cuisine=greasy_spoon;british;breakfast

Note the seeming USA equivalent is "dive".  Most, but by no means all,
Diners are also dives.   So a Diner
that's also a dive would likely feel fairly familiar, except without the
tea.

There are many tags with low counts that have great potential.  Don't
let greasy_spoon=4 put you off.