[Talk-GB] UK Postal District Centroids

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 13:45:46 UTC 2015

Neil has just reminded me about NPE map derived centroids for postal
districts (the outcode part of postcodes).

According to this overpass query <http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/aNr> there are
over 2500 of them on OSM.

Are these still useful? We now have actual centroids for full postcodes and
can derive much better boundaries for these districts from our postcodes in
OSM or ,as Geolytix have done, from CodePointOpen. Personally, I delete
them on the rare times when I come across them.

Note that there are 73 ways where the uk_postcode_centroid tag has been
mistakenly used for the outcode or complete postcode..