[Talk-GB] UK/GB OpenStreetMap survey results

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Aug 10 21:36:46 UTC 2015

On 10/08/15 19:39, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:
> I think a UK-specific style should be a priority for a UK OSM group as
> well, and I'm a bit surprised it didn't get more support in the
> survey.

I don't think it was very clear just what the problem was.

I've got the database sync running on my new machine, but have hit
something of a brick wall with the mapnik stuff. I think the process is
supposed to produce an osm.xml file to control the rendering, but
nothing I do seems to work, and having what seems like partial sets of
material for different style sheets is not helping. Can anybody point me
to a crib sheet that fills in the gaps in the openstreetmap-carto setup
notes. Obviously where I would like to get to is a setup where I can
identify which icon sets and colour elements go with what ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL