[Talk-GB] Making progress finally ...

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Fri Aug 14 08:41:03 UTC 2015

After working through a  few little nuances on SUSE linux I finally have
tilemill running. It's giving me level 1 and 2 from the shape files and
the loading of the style now completes without any errors. I can see it
remotely although there is still an error getting it to work through
nginx, but the problem on the todo list is 'could not create converter
for windows-1252' which I think is being created when it tries to start
building OSM based tiles. White tiles start appearing as soon as the
error appears :(

Where should I bee looking next?

The other question, since I can see the top level tiles ... how do I
access them via port 20008 ... only seeing 'Not Found' which
reassuringly nginx is also returning for the /tile/ access ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL