[Talk-GB] Paths and Footways

ajt1047 at gmail.com ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 20:57:19 UTC 2015

On 16/08/2015 21:20, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
> On 16 August 2015 at 21:06, ajt1047 at gmail.com <ajt1047 at gmail.com>
>> That makes some sense, but OSM-Carto's biggest problem is that a number of
>> the changes over the last year have been dedicated to making well-mapped
>> central European urban areas "look nice" at the expense of the rest of the
>> planet.
> I would like to point out that this statement is incorrect. For all
> change requests, we always evaluate the consequences for both rural
> and urban settings, and changes are always tested on multiple
> countries.

Until I provided a counter-example there, the only example on
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/747 was of a
well-mapped central European city.  If there is evaluation of the
results in both rural and urban settings in multiple countries, it's not
getting posted to Github.

Cheers,

Andy (SomeoneElse)