[Talk-GB] Paths and Footways

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 08:46:12 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm so fed up of the carping over the default map render (OSM-Carto).
It's clearly a "contested resource" for our community. Was there ever
much discussion about creating transparent overlays (e.g. a hiking
overlay) on top of a minimal baselayer, so that we can "disaggregate"
the thing and make it less of a focus for squabbles? I don't remember
seeing discussion of overlays, but it would seem a good way for
everyone to access as many or as few features as they wanted.

Best
Dan